Currently the only Aboriginal owned fuel company in Australia, the Alice Springs Indervon franchise was purchased in 1986 by the Ngaanyatjarra Communities in order to supply fuel and petroleum products at a fair price to all Ngaanyatjarra communities.
Since this time, Indervon has established itself as a reliable fuel distributor, not just in Alice Springs, but also in remote Aboriginal communities and pastoral stations located throughout the Northern Territory and remote Western Australia.
Indervon's trustee, the Ngaanyatjarra Council, is also the umbrella organisation currently representing the interests of over 2000 Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi and Pitjantjatjara Traditional Owners across twelve communities, and the coordinator of a multitude of services and enterprises including:
- Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation
- Ngaanyatjarra Services Aboriginal Corporation
- Ngaanyatjarra Land and Culture
- Ngaanyatjarra Community Services and Development
- Ngaanyatjarra Council Regional Housing Program (NCRHP)
- Ngaanyatjarra Agency & Transport Services
- Ngaanyatjarra Construction and Management Services (NCAMS)
- Ngaanyatjarra Camel Company PTY LTD
- Indervon Pty Ltd